Tape management services
Backup tape rotation service
The foundation of any disaster recovery and data protection strategy is the off-site storage of mission critical data. Document Management Solutions partners with your business to provide a secure and reliable tape rotation service to ensure that all the backup information you need to get going again is safe, secure and close at hand.
Document Management Solutions’ media rotation service can be customised to suit your requirements and incorporates the following:
- Climate controlled transport. We ensure that your media is not subjected to extremes in temperature during transportation.
- Impact Protection. Media is transported in protective containers to guard against impact.
- Barcoded tracking. All un-barcoded media is barcoded and scanned on collection, ensuring that the tracking process starts as soon as we are in possession.
- Custom rotation schedules. Document Management Solutions understands backup. You can use our standard ‘Grandfather, Father, Son’ schedule or we can work with your IT staff to customise a schedule to suit your rotation requirements.
- Quick media retrieval. When you need to restore quickly, you want your backup close at hand. DMS offers a two hours express service to most clients.
- Trusted employees. We use our own police checked staff to handle your media.
- Online inventory management. You can easily see what backup sets are onsite or stored with us. You can add and edit your inventory online, as well as requesting retrievals and collections.
Although generally robust and reliable, computer media needs to be stored and secured at a constant temperature and humidity. To meet this requirement we employ:
- Climate control. Document Management Solutions is guided by AS 3636.1—1989, ISO 18923:2000 and the manufacturers climatic recommendations to ensure that media stored with us is not subject to adverse conditions.
- Barcoded tracking. Media is tracked at every point of movement. We have a full audit trail of media movement – we always know where your media is, and each movement is time and date stamped against the staff member moving it.
- Secure storage. Your media is kept under lock and key and our IT systems are secure.
For more information or to speak to someone about tape storage and data protection, please phone 1300 557 990 or Contact us…
O'NEIL AUSTRALASIAN REGIONAL STRATEGIC PARTNER AWARD 2011