How long to retain? When to destroy?..
It makes no sense to hang on to archives longer than necessary
with some exceptions, archives have a finite useful life. When stored records reach the end of their life, you want to get them destroyed as quickly as possible so you don’t keep paying unnecessary storage.
Document Management Solutions helps business manage the end game of the information life cycle by providing the tools to identify what needs to be destroyed and the physical capabilities to destroy the material itself.
Although it’s all well and good to destroy archives when their time is up, the question of when to destroy the archives is obviously critical. Document Management Solutions manages the process of records retention and destruction by:
- Helping you set up retention schedules and recording destruction dates when the records first enter our facility.
- Using our system to notify us when the records are to be destroyed. We can then contact you and arrange for them to be destroyed.
- Securely destroying expired records and making the waste available for re-cycling.
- You will have proof of the destruction in the form of a destruction certificate and we’ll always get written authority from you before we destroy any barcoded material.
Often archives are stored without retention information. We can help with the process of sentencing these records to destruction at the right time. We’ll work with you to develop a retention program that produces destruction dates for the various kinds of records you store. You’ll then have the benefit of having these dates recorded into our database so we can notify you when it’s time to destroy them.
We can even review long forgotten and old archives, apply a retention schedule and destroy expired records – generally a large percentage of old records can be destroyed with corresponding savings in storage costs.
Once an item has been identified as having reached its destruction review date, we perform the following process:
- Notify you and seek permission to destroy the records.
- When we have received your written permission, we will remove the archives from storage.
- Double check that the correct archives are to be destroyed.
- Use a secure process to destroy the archives so that they unrecognisable.
- Provide you with written certification that the records have been destroyed.
- Make the destroyed material available for recycling into new products.
Would you like to know more? Phone 1300 557 990 or click on Contact Us
O'NEIL AUSTRALASIAN REGIONAL STRATEGIC PARTNER AWARD 2011