Managing inactive files becoming a distraction?
Closed or inactive files can distract a firm from its core activities, practicing law. Even with a good system to manage file information and location, inactive files have a habit of growing in number and eating up space. The often very physical task of administering and managing inactive files can begin to sap resources and result in delays when it comes to finding a matter when it is needed. On top of this, the files themselves can become an irritating eyesore as well as being poor use of prime office real estate.
Help is at hand
Don’t put up with the inconvenience and wasted resources any longer. No matter what size the practice is, Document Management Solutions can assess your individual situation and put together a solution that will give total control and fast access to your matters and save you time, effort and resources.
How we help the legal profession
During the process of moving files offsite and keeping track of there exact location at all times can involve some or all of the following:
- Barcoding of boxes.
- Barcoding of files and indexing the barcode to a matter number or client name.
- Providing a service to retrieve re-activated matters. We provide a same day delivery and 2 hour express delivery service in most major cities of Australia.
- Collecting closed files and adding them to your inventory, including placing retrieved files back into their correct box.
- Inserting documents into files.
- Destroying material that is no longer required.
We use a world class barcode tracking system to ensure that we know at all times where your files are. We can also implement retention schedules so files are not kept longer than required. By recording destruction dates, we are able to notify you when it is time to destroy boxes and files. With your written permission, we will securely shred the expired records.
Would you like to know more? Phone 1300 557 990 or click on Contact Us
O'NEIL AUSTRALASIAN REGIONAL STRATEGIC PARTNER AWARD 2011