Your records delivered
Part of the records management service provided by Document Management Solutions is the important task of getting required records back to you when they are required. When you need an item retrieved from your inventory, we locate the item in our facility and deliver it back to you using our own courier service.
With our service:
- Your confidential information is handled by our own police checked employees driving company vehicles.
- Your retrieved items are delivered directly to your office reception and will never be left ‘at the door’.
- Your items are scanned with a handheld barcode scanner to provide an audit trail of what items were delivered, who delivered the items, the time they were delivered and the person who received them.
- You can order retrievals via our online service, by phone or email.
- You’ll have the option of standard, same day service where you receive your items the same day if ordered before 10:30 am or our 2 hour express service when you really need something in a hurry. We can even deliver after hours if required.
When it comes time to add new items to your managed inventory, Document Management Solutions provides a service to pickup your new items from your office. This service is the same as our delivery service except in reverse and can be done when we deliver to you – or we can arrange a regular scheduled collection of new items. Depending on your requirements, we can perform data entry of information from your items into our data base or your staff can utilise our online portal to carry out the most detailed data entry.
To ensure the integrity of a clients documents when they are picked up we carryout the following procedure:
Step 1 The DMS driver scans each box or items barcode in the clients office, this validates the item was picked up, the time, date and who the driver was, is recorded on our system.
Step 2 As soon as the vehicle returns to one of our facilities the driver will remove the boxes or items placing them on a pallet or into the appropriate holding container. Each box or item is then scanned again to this holding location. In the case of barcoded file folders each individual file contained in a box will be scanned this accurately ensure that the files are in the actual box. Once this process is complete the operations manager will check the drivers work for any exceptions this include any difference in the number of boxes that was originally requested for pick up. After ensuring there have been no exceptions the operations manager will conduct a data entry audit if required ensuring that all boxes, files any other items that should have data entry assigned to them do in actual fact have an entry. In the event that a client has some how missed carrying out data entry on a file or box the client will be notified and either the item returned to the client or DMS will carry out the data entry for them.
Step 3 Once the operations manager is satisfied that the incoming items are ready for shelving a warehouse employee is instructed to shelve the boxes this requires each box to be scanned to a new location, the box will remain in that location until it is retrieved or requires destruction. Each time the box or item is moved or retrieved a detail activity log is created and available to the client upon request.
Would you like to know more? Phone 1300 557 990 or click on Contact Us
O'NEIL AUSTRALASIAN REGIONAL STRATEGIC PARTNER AWARD 2011