There is a better way…
As time passes, things wholly or partly ignored descend into chaos; filing and archiving are no exception. Mislabeled boxes, loose files, no way of knowing when to destroy and no system to quickly locate something when you need it are all signs that things have turned sour. If you’re faced with the daunting task of putting into order months (or years) of neglected filing and archiving, relax. Help is at hand!
Starting with consultation with you, Document Management Solutions will work with you and your team to develop a plan to get things back under control. Generally speaking, a system to manage information:
- Provides a way to always find an item and quickly retrieve it.
- Sorts records so the same records are archived together.
- Applies a retention schedule and records destruction dates so records are not kept longer than required.
- Uses information like a current database, box contents, record series, date ranges and sequence ranges as a basis to future identify records.
- Collates information into easy to handle items (boxes and files).
- Uses a unique identifier on items to permanently distinguish one item from the other (we use barcodes).
- Stores information away from the principal place of business to prevent the loss of information in the event of a disaster.
- Is intuitive, easy to use and makes life easier.
Whatever the current state of your archives, Document Management Solutions has the resources to bring to you a level of control over your information that you have never experienced before!
How we do it:
After detailed consultation and consideration of your unique requirements, the process of transforming your archives begins:
- From consultation with you, we will have a detailed set of instructions on how to classify your information and record the
- Our expert archiving staff will repack archive boxes where required, carefully labelling the box to be consistent with your instructions and recording destruction dates. If your boxes are in good enough shape we won’t repack them, but will ensure they are correctly labelled.
- We will pack loose files into archive boxes, in a logical sequence and order.
- Barcodes will be applied to all archive boxes. We can barcode individual files if you require the tracking of files from within boxes.
- The information from the box will be entered into our database to enable the boxes to be identified. We can also catalogue file information if required.
- The archives will be moved to our secure facility and placed on purpose built bar coded shelving.
- Using our barcode tracking technology we will always know where all your information is.
- You’ll be able to access all the details of your archives via our internet based client access system, DMSOnline.
- By applying a retention schedule, we can identify records due for destruction and have you authorise their destruction; many, many records can be ‘culled’ in this manner with significant savings in storage costs.
- When the time comes for your archives to be destroyed, we’ll notify you and provide a secure destruction service.
Would you like to know more? Phone 1300 557 990 or click on Contact Us
O'NEIL AUSTRALASIAN REGIONAL STRATEGIC PARTNER AWARD 2011